How Much Can a Silverado 2500 Tow?
When Stephenville drivers are in search of a heavy-duty truck that can handle their biggest towing jobs, time after time they turn to the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD at Bayer Auto Group. The 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity can reach an astounding 18,500 pounds when properly equipped with the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing package and the right engine. Learn more about how much a Silverado 2500 can tow, and how it does it, before shopping the new Chevy Silverado HD inventory at Bayer Auto Group.
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity by Engine
The 2022 Chevy Silverado towing capacity has two powerful engine choices at its heart: one gasoline-powered, and one diesel. Here’s what you can expect on Brownwood jobsites from either engine:
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity: 6.6L V8 Gas Engine:
- Maximum towing capacity of 14,500 pounds when you choose the 2022 Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab Long Bed 2WD with 17-inch wheels and available fifth-wheel or gooseneck hitch. With a gooseneck trailer attached, the gas model can tow up to 17,370 pounds.
- Engine performance: 401 hp and 464 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 mph in 7.5 sec
- Six-speed automatic transmission
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity: Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine:
- Provides a maximum towing capacity of 18,500 pounds on properly equipped configurations (Crew cabs only)
- Engine performance: 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque.
- 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds
- The available Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission allows the Silverado 2500 to tow its full capacity in first gear!
Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Package
There isn’t a dedicated Chevy Silverado 2500 towing package. Since heavy-duty vehicles are made to tow, many of the most wanted towing features are standard or available for your Abilene Chevy Silverado 2500. Some of those features include the Advanced Trailering System, where you can create a customizable trailer profile that includes any of the features below:
Customizable trailer profiles:
- Trailer maintenance reminders
- Trailer security alerts
- Trailer mileage
- Tow/haul reminder
- Trailer electrical diagnostics
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring alert
- Pre-departure checklist
Other tow-friendly options include:
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control and Proactive Rollover Avoidance
- Auto Park Brake Assist
- New Park Grade Hold Assist
Save on the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 at Bayer Auto Group
Now that you know how much a Silverado 2500 can tow, find out how little it costs to add this truck to your fleet! Apply for financing with Bayer Auto Group, and we’ll do ther work to get the best available loan rate for you.
More from Bayer Auto Group
We talk a lot about the perks of having a powerful SUV. If you want to see that in action, take a look at the 2023 GMC Acadia towing capacity—it reaches up to 4,000 pounds, which is a fantastic number for a midsize three-row SUV. With that kind of towing capacity, the 2023 GMC…
How much can a Ford Maverick tow? Comanche drivers who like to tow their boat or camper out to the lake on the weekend will be glad to know that the maximum 2022Ford Maverick towing capacity is a massive 4,000 pounds when properly equipped, or 2,000 pounds at its base level. Let’s talk about…
When Stephenville drivers are in search of a heavy-duty truck that can handle their biggest towing jobs, time after time they turn to the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD at Bayer Auto Group. The 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity can reach an astounding 18,500 pounds when properly equipped with the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing…