2022 Ford Explorer Towing Capacity
If you’re looking for a sleek and stylish SUV, the 2022 Ford Explorer is the one for you! It’s a versatile vehicle with plenty of seating and space for all of your belongings while still keeping high fuel efficiency. Never leave anything behind again! It’s high towing capacity, power and balance will provide a safe and easy method to transport your things efficiently. Learn more with Bayer Auto Group!
Ford Explorer Towing Features
As you now know, the 2022 Ford Explorer towing capacity is 5,600 pounds. To take full advantage of its towing capabilities in Stephenville, get to know some of the following features:
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control: It’s important that your vehicle maintains control and stability while towing. This feature brakes selectively and adjusts the engine’s power to make this possible.
- Rear-wheel drive: The new 2022 Explorer is a classy SUV. With rear-wheel drive, this model can tow an additional 600 pounds compared to previous models.
- Sidewind Stabilization: Don’t fight the wind ever again. This program counteracts strong winds, keeping you in control.
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: Switch between Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes for ultimate control on Brownwood roads.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: Equip your Ford Explorer with this package for maximum towing capabilities. It is available with 2.3L EcoBoost® and 3.3L hybrid engines, but it comes standard with the 3.0L EcoBoost® engine.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: AdvanceTrac® with RSC™ helps keep control in case of a wheel-slip, understeer, or oversteer. It also includes Curve Control, which decreases the Explorer’s speed when taking on tight turns.
Ford Explorer Engine Options
The 2022 model was designed with improvements so your drive through Abilene will be smooth and enjoyable. Read below for the performance of the different engine options available:
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder:This engine allows the Explorer to tow up to 5,300 pounds and has 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L EcoBoost® V6: This engine contains a 10-speed automatic transmission, twin turbos and direct injecting, giving the engine 365 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque on Platinum trim. The ST trim levels give the vehicle a power boost to 400 hp, 415 lb-ft of torque and a towing capacity of 5,600 pounds.
- 3.3L Hybrid: If you want a fuel-efficient vehicle that’s powerful, the Explorer’s hybrid powertrain gives you the best of both worlds. Enjoy both great mileage and power!
Test Drive the Ford Explorer at Bayer Auto Group!
Experience the 2022 Ford Explorer in real time! Visit us and talk to our finance department about the purchasing process or new vehicle specials. Take a look at all of the available trims and decide which vehicle best fits your lifestyle!
More from Bayer Auto Group
When Stephenville drivers are in search of a heavy-duty truck that can handle their biggest towing jobs, time after time they turn to the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD at Bayer Auto Group. The 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity can reach an astounding 18,500 pounds when properly equipped with the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing…
When it comes to the 2022 Silverado payload, Stephenville drivers are thrilled to be able to haul everything they need. The 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity tops out at an impressive 13,300 pounds when properly equipped. The power-packed customer favorite doesn’t sacrifice style for power, though. You’ll drive in comfort and meet…
If you’re looking for a sleek and stylish SUV, the 2022 Ford Explorer is the one for you! It’s a versatile vehicle with plenty of seating and space for all of your belongings while still keeping high fuel efficiency. Never leave anything behind again! It’s high towing capacity, power and balance will provide a…