How Much Can a 2020 Ford Explorer Tow?
When properly equipped, the 2020 Ford Explorer towing capacity reaches up to 5,600 pounds through Stephenville – 600 pounds more than the previous 2019 model year! Whether you’re towing ATVs for an off-road adventure in Comanche or hauling work equipment to help a friend with a home improvement project, the new Ford Explorer towing capacity can handle it all. Browse your Ford Explorer engine options and find out how your choice will affect the towing capacity with Bayer Auto Group, below.
2020 Ford Explorer Towing Capacity by Engine
The Ford Explorer towing capacity is largely dependent on which engine you choose. For 2020, there are three Explorer engines available:
- 2.3L Turbocharged Ti-VCT EcoBoost® I-4: Even the base engine for the 2020 Explorer delivers serious power, with 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. With this engine, you’ll be able to tow up to 5,300 pounds.
- 3.0L Twin-Turbocharged EcoBoost® V6: Thanks to twin-turbocharging, this V6 engine is capable of hitting a whopping 400 hp and 415 lb-ft of torque. The maximum towing capacity for this engine is 5,600 pounds.
- 3.3L Hybrid V6: That’s right – the 2020 Ford Explorer is available with a fuel-saving Hybrid engine! This powerful V6 reaches 365 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque, with a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
Class III Trailer Tow Package
To enhance your Ford Explorer towing capacity, choose the available Class III Trailer Tow Package that enables it to tow up to 5,600 pounds when paired with the 3.0L Twin-Turbocharged EcoBoost® V6 engine. Highlights for this package include:
- Class III frame-mounted hitch
- Trailer connectors
- Engine oil cooler
- Cargo management system
This trailering package includes all the equipment you need to tow through Abilene, plus a convenient cargo management system to optimize your storage space in the cabin.
Towing Safety Features
Known for building tough trucks and SUVs with plenty of muscle for heavy-duty hauling, the Ford Explorer towing safety features are among the best in the industry. With your 2020 Ford Explorer towing capacity and these safety features, you’ll navigate with a trailer confidently, thanks to:
- All-New Rear-Wheel Drive: Ford’s all-new rear-wheel drive for the 2020 Explorer enables better handling on and off-road, and increases your towing abilities by 600 pounds.
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control: When you’re trailering through Granbury, this system applies the brakes and adjusts engine power as necessary to help maintain control.
- Terrain Management System™: This all-new, advanced system offers seven Selectable Drive Modes via an easy-to-use dial in your center console. Switch between normal, trail, deep snow/sand, slippery, sport, tow/haul, and a new eco mode when the conditions call for it.
- Roadside Assistance Coverage: New Ford vehicles offer up to 5 years/60,000 miles of roadside assistance coverage for extra peace-of-mind!
Test Drive the 2020 Ford Explorer at Bayer Auto Group Today!
There’s more to love about the 2020 Ford Explorer towing capacity! Contact Bayer Auto Group to arrange a test drive today, during which you can experience its serious engine power and see how you feel in its spacious, comfortable cabin. Be sure to browse our new Ford lease deals and check out the Ford warranty plans before your visit, and apply for financing online to get pre-approved.
More About Ford Model Features
If you’re looking for a sleek and stylish SUV, the 2022 Ford Explorer is the one for you! It’s a versatile vehicle with plenty of seating and space for all of your belongings while still keeping high fuel efficiency. Never leave anything behind again! It’s high towing capacity, power and balance will provide a…
The 2021 Ford F-150 is one of the most popular trucks in the Stephenville area, but if you want to stand out on the road, there are plenty of options to show off your style. In fact, there are over a dozen different 2021 Ford F-150 colors to explore and several different interior color…
Drivers from Stephenville to Brownwood are looking for an unmistakably stylish vehicle to take their daily drives in. This often leads them to explore the impressive new Ford Bronco. You heard right – the Ford Bronco is back and better than ever before. Explore the 2021 Ford Bronco configurations with Bayer Auto Group to find the trim level…