Top 5 Reasons to Visit Comanche Texas
Tucked in the Northern part of the Texas Hill Country is the small town of Comanche. This thriving community has just over 4,000 residents and offers plenty to see and do and great places to eat. Read on to learn more about what Comanche has to offer including Bayer Auto Group, a full-service dealership group.
- Brennan Vineyards and Historic McCrary House: This historic Comanche landmark was built in the late 1870s and now serves as the tasting room for the Brennan Vineyards. Established in 2002, this award-winning winery is a Hill Country favorite providing excellent wine and lots of local history.
- Comanche County Historical Museum: Preserving the history of Comanche and Texas Hill Country, the Historical Museum has spent 38 years gathering a thorough collection of historical items.
- Old Cora Courthouse: This twelve-foot square log courthouse was originally constructed when Cora, Texas was the county seat. In 1859 Comanche became the county seat and the historic courthouse was moved to its current home in the early 1980s.
- Penny Grave: This hidden place is known mostly to locals. The grave is the site where a three year old pioneer girl died and was buried. The grave is maintained by the county and local visitors. The girl’s identity is unknown, but the site is known as the Penny Grave due to people leaving coins on her gravesite.
- Comanche Pow Wow: An annual heritage festival in honor of the Comanche Indians, the Comanche Pow Wow is a large family-friendly festival that includes activities such as a BBQ cook-off, live music, classic car exhibition, and art show.
Bayer Auto Group
Another top reason to visit Comanche, Texas is to visit Bayer Auto Group. Our full-service auto group includes Ford, Chevy, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram. Bayer Auto Group also offers a Collision Center for all auto body repair needs. Bayer Auto Group has been a mainstay in the Comanche community for almost 30 years providing auto sales and service. We can even help you find restaurants in Stephenville, TX or the best BBQ in Comanche. If you’re looking to finance a vehicle, our expert finance and loan department is prepared to make your loan process easy regardless of credit history. Our finance departments will work hard to create a credit solution for you and will walk you through the process from start to finish. Visit our locations in Comanche and Hamilton, TX or contact us online to set up a test drive today.
Photo courtesy of http://texashillcountry.com/visit-comanche-texas/