Hunting Seasons in Comanche
While true hunting season is still a few months off, Comanche residents can still enjoy what’s left for winter. Check out our current list of openings, and keep reading for tips to help make this year your best yet!
What’s in Season?
Current hunting opportunities include:
- Alligator: April 1 – June 30, 2018
- Chachalaca: Nov 4, 2017 – Feb 25, 2018
- Quail: October 28, 2017 – Feb 25, 2018
- Rabbit and Hare: No Closed Season
- Turkey: March 31 – May 13, 2018
Bagging Your Limit – Hunting Tips for Success
There are obvious tips for making your hunt a successful one, such as bringing reliable transportation and moving slowly and quietly as you pursue your target, but we have a few hunting tips that could make your next hunt more successful:
- Don’t Hunt Alone
- Not only is there safety in numbers but hunting partners can help you drive game.
- Be Wary of Quick Drops
- A wounded animal that drops instantly is more likely to get up than one who runs a little way and drops – making it dangerous when approached.
- Check for Reaction from a Distance
- Prodding a fallen animal when standing beside it is a good way to get attacked. Instead, toss a rock or branch to see if it moves.
- Dress for the Weather
- Traveling light is good, but leaving off important, winter-weight items could be dangerous if you get stuck or have to spend the night.
Before you head out, make sure you have the right tools to get the job done, including a truck to get you where you need to go. Use our research tools to explore options from Ford, Chevy, GMC, and RAM, then visit a Bayer Auto Group showroom near you to get outfitted for adventure. On your way to your next hunting trip, be sure to visit one of our recommended restaurants in Stephenville, TX for a bite to eat.