What Is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
In need of a powerful pickup truck that will work as hard as you do on Stephenville job sites? With a Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds, the 2019 Ford F-150 will be your favorite new coworker. Explore the new F-150 towing capacity with Bayer Auto Group, below!
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity and Engine Options
The 2019 F-150 offers five powerful engines across seven configurations. Depending on your choice, the towing capacity and payload will vary. Take an in-depth look at each available F-150 engine and their respective towing capacities:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: 7,700-pound maximum towing capacity
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 9,000-pound maximum towing capacity
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: 11,600-pound maximum towing capacity
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: 11,400-pound maximum towing capacity
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 13,200-pound maximum towing capacity
When you opt for the V8 diesel engine, the maximum payload capacity for the 2019 F-150 is 3,270 pounds.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Tips & Tricks
Whether you’re hauling heavy equipment to Brownwood or helping a friend move to Abilene, our towing tips will help you get there confidently and safely:
- Check your tire pressure before heading out
- Ensure the items you’re towing are tightly secured
- Allow plenty of distance between you and the driver ahead of you
- Ensure extra clearance when passing another vehicle
- Be extra alert when merging while towing
- Use these convenient towing features on your F-150:
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-sight guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
Remember, you can get even more done when you opt for a few of your favorite Ford accessories.
Find Best-in-Class Towing at Bayer Auto Group!
Ready to upgrade your towing experience with a new F-150? Head to Bayer Auto Group in Comanche for a test drive! While you’re here, a Ford specialist can tell you more about helpful Ford features like Ford SYNC® and the available Ford warranty plans. Still in the research process? Compare the F-150 vs. Toyota Tacoma, F-150 vs. Toyota Tundra, or F-150 XL vs. XLT to keep exploring, or check out the Explorer towing capacity if you’d like to look into tough Ford SUVs before making a final decision. Contact us with any remaining questions or apply for financing online to get the ball rolling!
More from Bayer Auto Group
What is the bed size of a Chevy Silverado that will get the job done on your Stephenville job sites? That’s the first question to answer as you build your 2020 Silverado. Once you decide which truck bed size will serve you best, choose from the available Silverado cab options, engines, and upgrade packages to…
Drivers in Comanche may have noticed that most of the newer Ford models use Ford remote access to start and turn off vehicles. Not only is Ford remote access convenient, but it offers additional safety when driving and locking your car. To learn how to use Ford remote start read our guide below, then see…
If you’re shopping for a tough new pickup truck for your Stephenville jobs, you’ve probably asked yourself, “how much is the Chevy Silverado?” The 2020 Chevy Silverado price will depend on which trim level and which Silverado model you choose: the light-duty 1500 or the heavy-duty 2500HD or 3500HD. No matter your choice, you can…