What Is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
In need of a powerful pickup truck that will work as hard as you do on Stephenville job sites? With a Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds, the 2019 Ford F-150 will be your favorite new coworker. Explore the new F-150 towing capacity with Bayer Auto Group, below!
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity and Engine Options
The 2019 F-150 offers five powerful engines across seven configurations. Depending on your choice, the towing capacity and payload will vary. Take an in-depth look at each available F-150 engine and their respective towing capacities:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: 7,700-pound maximum towing capacity
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 9,000-pound maximum towing capacity
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: 11,600-pound maximum towing capacity
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: 11,400-pound maximum towing capacity
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 13,200-pound maximum towing capacity
When you opt for the V8 diesel engine, the maximum payload capacity for the 2019 F-150 is 3,270 pounds.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Tips & Tricks
Whether you’re hauling heavy equipment to Brownwood or helping a friend move to Abilene, our towing tips will help you get there confidently and safely:
- Check your tire pressure before heading out
- Ensure the items you’re towing are tightly secured
- Allow plenty of distance between you and the driver ahead of you
- Ensure extra clearance when passing another vehicle
- Be extra alert when merging while towing
- Use these convenient towing features on your F-150:
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-sight guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
Find Best-in-Class Towing at Bayer Auto Group!
Ready to upgrade your towing experience with a new F-150? Head to Bayer Auto Group in Comanche for a test drive! While you’re here, a Ford specialist can tell you more about helpful Ford features like Ford SYNC® and the available Ford warranty plans. Still in the research process? Compare the F-150 vs. Toyota Tacoma or F-150 XL vs. XLT to keep exploring, or check out the Explorer towing capacity if you’d like to look into tough Ford SUVs before making a final decision. Contact us with any remaining questions or apply for financing online to get the ball rolling!
More from Bayer Auto Group
If you’ve already decided on the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 as your next light-duty pickup for the Comanche roads, now’s the time to select your trim! There are eight configurations to choose from, each with its own distinctive personality — and you can find them all at Bayer Auto Group. Check out our new Silverado and Chevrolet…
When properly equipped, the 2020 Ford Explorer is capable of towing up to 5,600 pounds through Stephenville – 600 pounds more than the previous 2019 model year! Whether you’re towing ATVs for an off-road adventure in Comanche or hauling work equipment to help a friend with a home improvement project, the new Ford Explorer towing…
In need of a powerful pickup truck that will work as hard as you do on Stephenville job sites? With a Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds, the 2019 Ford F-150 will be your favorite new coworker. Explore the new F-150 towing capacity with Bayer Auto Group, below! New F-150 Inventory2019 Ford F-150 Overview 2019 Ford…